Monday, August 28, 2006

social CHANGE

I have concluded that contemporary art has become more about a person’s deep depth of ideas and their respective ability to thoroughly hide underlying meaning than to expose the truth of the world and society that we live in. Sometimes I feel that the deeper and more confusing it is, the more poplarity it gains, as if it were only to be apprectiated by intellectuals or those with formal art educations. For some, this is fine, and that’s alright. Everyone has their own ideas and thoughts and methods of fulfilling their creative desires and I am by no means entitled to bash upon their imaginative endeavors. Furthermore, I’m not trying to talk shit about the art community and the artwork that is being produced, but I have come to believe that my mind resides in a different territory and my creativity follows a completely different path.

I don’t like fads, I don’t like pop culture, and those that get caught up in it will suddenly switch with the click of the TV remote and completely lose any ability to fully appreciate the truth in themselves. For that very reason, I don’t like making art that falls under this contemporary, modern, fashionable and trendy ideal. Art should not be beautiful because it appeals to the popularity of the masses or because it is in style. Sometimes I hate that it is.

Social change is what I find to be most beautiful; art with a genuinely sincere purpose to expose malice in the world.

If you feel me, check these links out...

The Snowsuit Effort
Oveous Maximus
you ARE beautiful
REthink (I have this book if anyone is interested in browsing through it)

Christpher Anderson
Born INTO Brothels
Jacob Riis




2 Comments:

At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Informative, Interesting and Inspiring. Thank you. I really enjoyed reading your blog today. So many sites to go to and spend hours or even days looking at. You have some great links to artists I'm glad I was able to find out about.

 
At 2:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home